How It Works
We meet for one hour, four times a year, and each member brings a check for $100.
- Every member can nominate local charities, non-profits, or worthy causes, whose names are put into a hat.
- Three charities are drawn at random at each meeting.
- The nominating member makes a 5-minute presentation about each cause.
- Members then have 5 minutes to ask questions about the nominated charity.
- Repeat twice!
- We all vote on which cause to support.
- The top vote-getting charity then receives all the checks, made out to them on the spot!
A few simple rules:
- We each donate $100 per meeting (That comes out to just over $1 a day each year).
- Each of the three charities selected from the hat will be given 5 minutes to make a presentation at the meeting. This presentation must be made by the nominating member of 100+ Men Who Care.
- If you are unable to attend any given meeting during the year, please give your check to a member to deliver on your behalf.
- The group will vote by ballot, and the majority rules. Even if you don’t care for the choice, you still must donate. All checks go to one charity.
- All nominated charities must be a 501(c)(3) organization.
- No national charities will be considered, however, local branches of national charities are eligible for consideration. Our purpose is to keep 100% of the contributions in Central Oregon.
- Please, no individual houses of worship or political nominations.
- Only three charities will be presented at each meeting.
- The organization must agree NOT to use the donors’ names for future solicitations, nor give the information out to the public.
Charities who receive a contribution from 100+ Men Who Care are not eligible for re-nomination for one year after their award.